A few of my favorite things

I recently got a Costco membership which led to: buying in bulk

                                                                           which led to: pantry needing to be reorganized

                                                                           which led to: wondering why my floor cleaners were on the floor of my pantry

                                                                           which led to: organizing all of my cleaning supplies.

 

VOILA:

bathroom organization

Basically, all of the sinks now have a tub (ideally it would be a caddy) with all of the cleaning supplies needed for cleaning that room, and an inventory on the door so I know what I run out of.

 

This should help with my overbuying of cleaning supplies.

 

There was a time (just before medication) when going to the store and strolling through the cleaning supply aisle was very calming to me.

Because of this, I have bought many supplies over the years and have found a few that really do what they say they do.

 

Here are a few of my favorites:
Lemi-shine: you add it to your dishwasher detergent and it gets rid of hard-water spots (even better than vinegar will!)

Quickie glass and mirror microfiber cloth: I’m still a fan of Windex, but with this cloth, you just wet one corner and use it to clean the mirror and use the dry part of the cloth to dry it off and it looks fabulous!

409: My very favorite counter cleaner. It has a strong smell, but it gets off ink (like when someone puts a printed item on a wet counter and it sticks there) and juice stains, and pretty much any stain I’ve ever tried to get off of a counter.

Scrubbing Bubbles shower cleaner: those little bubbles work hard!!

CLR: In the same category as scrubbing bubbles, but I have white tile and white grout in my shower and have tried pretty much everything to get the hard water and rust stains off, and CLR actually works! It also took out a stain in my kids’ bathtub where the water had been dripping from the faucet for 8 years (yes, it took me that long to get the shower fixed)

Woolite Carpet Cleaner:  I was a big fan of a brand called “Folex” for a number of years, but it got too hard to find. Then I became enamored with “Spot Shot”. It definitely gets the stain out, but Spot Shot also has big time fumes and once bleached a spot on my carpet. My new fave is Woolite Carpet Cleaner…been using it for a couple of years now and it is fabulous!!

And for efficiency and convenience, I’m a fan of: Swiffer wet jet, Clorox disinfecting wipes, and the Clorox toilet wand.

 

Just my opinions, but thought I’d share in case you’re looking for a new cleaner and don’t want to try all the different ones available.

Comments
One Response to “A few of my favorite things”
  1. Awesome cleaning supply list. I would add two. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, it is truly magic, and I prefer Lysol toilet bowl cleaner. It works better than clorox and smells minty. I look forward to more posts. I almost bought the stackable organizers at walmart, but figured I would see what I need and try and use what I have. Thanks for the motivation.

Followers

Email Me

My photo
I'm a stay-at-home mom of 3 who likes to organize, craft, & read (among other things)

Search